Does your dog bark, jump, counter-surf, charge through doors, pull on-leash?...
Read our Client Reviews!
Dogs will be dogs, and fortunately and unfortunately, many of these behaviors can be considered normal.
The good news is that, as dog-owners, we have the opportunity to modify and improve their behavior at home and in other situations, like on walks and in meeting new people.
More good news!… Positive dog trainer, Nicole Berthold, can guide you through training your dog to more desirable behaviors, like coming when called, walking nicely on a leash, and staying in place… all with positive, fast and effective training techniques.
A well-behaved dog is a pleasure to have around the house, out in public and virtually everywhere. Teaching your dog basic training skills are essential to obtaining good canine manners.
The Persuaded Pooch is proud to offer 6-week "Essential Etiquette" basic obedience group dog training classes at the Webster Groves Recreation Complex.
The recreation complex is right off the highway at I-44 at Elm Avenue, and is very easily accessible by St. Louis City, St. Louis County and IL residents via I-270/255, I-55 and I-64/40.
Webster Groves Recreation Complex
E. 33 Glendale, Webster Groves, MO 63119
(314) 963-5600, Directions
Don't wait any longer for a better-behaved dog! Taught by our skilled, certified, experienced and positive lead instructor, Nicole Berthold. Classes are fun, engaging and can help build your dog’s everyday skills!
Important, please read!
Essential Etiquette classes are not appropriate for excessively vocal, fearful, aggressive or reactive dogs. For help with fear, reactivity or aggression, please visit our Private Training page for individualized, one-on-one help.
There are NO REFUNDS on group classes, once purchased. If you are unsure if your dog will do well in class, please e-mail us.
Essential Etiquette Class | $189
- Your dog will learn good manners around dogs, people, interesting food smells, and other real world distractions.
- This class covers essential skills such as Sit, Down, Stay, walking nicely on a leash and coming when called.
- Maybe Fido already has good skills at home? Help him learn those skills amidst the distractions of other dogs and people in a public setting!
- Class is held for six (6) consecutive weeks. No refunds are offered for missed classes.
- A 45-60 minute online Zoom orientation is required prior to starting your first class. Orientation is usually held the Sunday prior to your first class at 1pm.
- For puppies and dogs 16 weeks and older
- Required Vaccinations: DHPP, Bordetella and Rabies administered at least 1 week prior to the start of class. Owners will need to provide proof of vaccinations prior to the first class.
- BONUS! Receive a one-time 10% off discount at any Treats Unleashed pet store, curbside, online or via in-home delivery. Treats Unleashed is your Essential Etiquette class prep headquarters! They carry (almost) everything you need for class time... and SO MUCH MORE!
All 2023 group classes are FULL, Get on the waiting list!
Wish to pre-enroll in an upcoming class? The easiest way is to purchase a gift certificate for class. Just tell us the class that interests you in the "Notes to Business" field and we will apply it to the class you're interested in. (Scroll down to see 2023 class dates.)
COVID-19 Information (updated 12/4/22):
- A mask is NOT currently required in the Webster Groves Recreation Complex. However, we encourage you to wear one if you wish. We will follow the facility's guidelines, should they change in the future.
- Classes are limited to six (6) dogs to maintain distancing and a promote a safe learning environment
- There is a maximum of two (2) attendees per dog
- Please do not participate in training if you are sick or have symptoms. If you have knowingly been in contact with an infected person or persons within the last 10 days, please follow CDC guidelines.
2024 Essential Etiquette Schedule:
Classes will resume April 2024. Check back soon!
In accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the City of Webster Groves will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid service or service for effective communication, or modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service or activity of Webster Groves, should contact the office of the Coordinator of Inclusive Services at (314) 290-8507 as soon as possible, but no later than seven days before the scheduled event. We will meet any reasonable request to make accommodations for program participants.
Note: In the effort to observe social distancing guidelines and capacity restrictions, we are currently not able to accommodate class audits for interested potential students at this time.