Does your dog bark, jump, counter-surf, charge through doors, pull on-leash?…
Read our Client Reviews!
Dogs will be dogs, and fortunately and unfortunately, many of these behaviors can be considered normal.
The good news is that, as dog-owners, we have the opportunity to modify and improve their behavior at home and in other situations, like on walks and in meeting new people.
More good news!… Positive dog trainer, Nicole Veile, can guide you through training your dog to more desirable behaviors, like coming when called, walking nicely on a leash, and staying in place… all with positive, fast and effective training techniques.
We take the safety of our students and guests very seriously, and are following the guidelines of our host facility, the Webster Groves Recreation Complex. Their COVID-19 information can be found on their Facebook page. Most notably, masks are required and all students are required to check in at the front desk before every class for a temperature check and to hand sanitize. Our trainers wear masks at all times. Thank you!
Better manners start now!
6-Week Essential Etiquette Class
A well-behaved dog is a pleasure to have around the house, out in public and virtually everywhere. Teaching your dog basic training skills are essential to obtaining good canine manners.
The Persuaded Pooch is proud to offer 6-week “Essential Etiquette” basic obedience group dog training classes at the Webster Groves Recreation Complex every Tuesday.
The recreation complex is right off the highway at I-44 at Elm Avenue, and is very easily accessible by St. Louis City, St. Louis County and IL residents via I-270/255, I-55 and I-64/40.
Webster Groves Recreation Complex
E. 33 Glendale, Webster Groves, MO 63119
(314) 963-5600, Directions
Don’t wait any longer for a better-behaved dog! Taught by skilled, experienced and positive instructors, classes are fun, engaging and help build your dog’s everyday skills!
Important, please read!
Essential Etiquette classes are not appropriate for excessively vocal, aggressive or reactive dogs. For help with reactivity or aggression, please visit our Private Training page for individualized, one-on-one help.
Essential Etiquette Class | $169
- Don’t wait weeks to start a class… We offer a rolling enrollment type class where new students can start any week (pending available openings)!
- Your dog will learn good manners around dogs, people, interesting food smells, and other real world distractions.
- This class covers essential skills such as Sit, Down, Stay, walking nicely on a leash and coming when called.
- Maybe Fido already has good skills at home? Help him learn those skills amidst the distractions of other dogs and people in a public setting!
- Class is held for six (6) consecutive weeks. No refunds are offered for missed classes.
- A 45-60 minute online Zoom orientation is required the prior to starting your first class. Orientation is held on Sundays at 1pm.
- For puppies and dogs 16 weeks and older
- Required Vaccinations: DHPP, Bordetella and Rabies administered at least 1 week prior to the start of class. Owners will need to provide proof of vaccinations prior to the first class.
- BONUS! Receive a one-time 10% off discount at any Treats Unleashed pet store, curbside, online or via in-home delivery. Treats Unleashed is your Essential Etiquette class prep headquarters! They carry (almost) everything you need for class time… and SO MUCH MORE!
- Classes are limited to six (6) dogs to maintain social distancing and a safe learning environment
- There is a maximum of one (1) attendee per dog; To maximize your dog’s success, we recommend this be the same person each week, if possible
- Social distancing shall be in effect between all attendees; Instructor will wear a mask to cover both nose and mouth and avoid leash handling, wherever possible
- Masks must be worn over nose and mouth at all times, per the Webster Groves Recreation Complex and St. Louis County guidelines
- Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer will be made available, if needed.
- Class attendees will be required to check in at the front desk of the Webster Groves Recreation Complex for a temperature check and to hand sanitize prior to every class
- Please do not participate in training if you are sick, have symptoms or have knowingly been in contact with an infected person or persons within the last 14 days
Tuesdays at 10am - Class starts again 10/27! CLASS FULL*
Tuesdays at 7:00pm - Class starts again 10/27! CLASS FULL*
Tuesdays at 8:10pm - Class starts again 10/27! CLASS FULL*
No classes on 11/3, due to election (no space or parking availability).
*Contact us here to be put on a waitlist for class
In accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the City of Webster Groves will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid service or service for effective communication, or modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service or activity of Webster Groves, should contact the office of the Coordinator of Inclusive Services at (314) 290-8507 as soon as possible, but no later than seven days before the scheduled event. We will meet any reasonable request to make accommodations for program participants.
Not sure yet about coming to class? Potential students are welcome to audit a class (space permitting, without dog) to determine if The Persuaded Pooch classes will be a good fit for your dog and your own personal learning style.