Did You Know?...
- Puppies should be positively and safely introduced to lots of new people, other puppies and novel stimuli within the first few months of life
- Proper socialization during this time can decrease the risk of behavioral problems, like fear and aggression
- Early socialization - and training! - can improve the bond between puppies and owners (Going to puppy class together is FUN!)
- Puppies learn appropriate play styles and social behavior for adulthood from other puppies
- Puppies can accomplish these things starting with a well-run puppy socialization class!
- Read what the experts are saying... "Plan Ahead to Socialize Your Puppy Early"
Puppy Socialization Class
Let's Get Your Puppy Socialized!
The Persuaded Pooch is excited to be offering group puppy socialization classes at the Webster Groves Recreation Complex, every Tuesday evening at 6pm!
4-Week Puppy Prep Socialization Class | $125
Starts Every Tuesday at 6pm
Puppy class starts every Tues at 6pm - REGISTER NOW!
- For puppies 8 weeks to 14 weeks at the start of class
- Rolling enrollment - Puppy classes are "always on" so your new pup can jump right in (pending available openings)
- Once enrolled, puppies come to class for four consecutive weeks. No class on 2/14, 5/30, 7/4, 8/8 or 10/31.
- Taught by Karen Pryor Academy certified trainers and Puppy Start Right graduates, Sarah Hoth and Nicole Berthold
- Registration includes a copy of the Puppy Start Right book by Ken and Debbie Martin (a $25 value)
- Fun and positive methods to puppy socialization and puppy obedience!
- Safe exposure to other puppies, new people, sights, sounds and surfaces
- Prepare your puppy for the veterinary experience via Fear Free methods
- Puppy obedience training, like getting puppy's attention, polite greetings and more!
- Addresses problem prevention topics, like mouthing, jumping, barking and potty training
- Required Vaccinations: Up-to-date DHPP administered at least 1 week prior to the start of puppy class, and updated vaccinations throughout class duration. Owners will need to provide proof of vaccinations prior to the first class.
- BONUS! Receive a one-time 10% off discount at any Treats Unleashed pet store, curbside, online or via in-home delivery. Treats Unleashed is your Puppy Prep headquarters! They carry (almost) everything you need for puppy class... and SO MUCH MORE!
Plan ahead for puppy's success and save!
Check out our "Complete Puppy" private lesson and group class bundles for the most comprehensive learning for your pup, PLUS some major cost-savings... Success + $avings = SWEET!
Sept 2023 Update: Complete Puppy Bundles are currently on hiatus until April 2024. You can still purchase Private Puppy Training and Puppy Prep socialization class separately.
The recreation complex is right off the highway at I-44 at Elm Avenue, and is very easily accessible by St. Louis City, St. Louis County and IL residents via I-270/255, I-55 and I-64/40.
Webster Groves Recreation Complex
E. 33 Glendale, Webster Groves, MO 63119
(314) 963-5600, Directions
What veterinarians are saying about early puppy socialization...
COVID-19 Information (updated 12/4/2022):
- A mask is NOT currently required in the Webster Groves Recreation Complex. However, we encourage you to wear one if you wish. We will follow the facility's guidelines, should they change in the future.
- Classes are limited to six (6) dogs to maintain social distancing and a safe learning environment
- There is a maximum of two (2) attendees per dog
- Social distancing shall be in effect between students not attending together
- Please do not participate in training if you are sick, have symptoms or have knowingly been in contact with an infected person or persons within the last 14 days
Read our Client Reviews!
Note: In the effort to observe social distancing guidelines and capacity restrictions, we are currently not able to accommodate class audits for interested potential students at this time.