Feel good with the basics, and want to take your dog's skills to the next level?...
Are you a graduate of our 6-week Essential Etiquette class and want to take your dog's skills to the next level?
Positive dog trainer, Nicole Berthold, can guide you through advancing your dog's foundation obedience skills through proofing for real-life situations and distractions.
Level Up Your Dog's Skills!
6-Week "Beyond Basics" Group Obedience Class
A well-behaved dog is a pleasure to have around the house, out in public and virtually everywhere. Teaching your dog enhanced basic training skills will prepare your him for the real-life challenges he faces everyday!
The Persuaded Pooch is proud to offer 6-week "Beyond Basics" group obedience dog training classes at the Webster Groves Recreation Complex.
The recreation complex is right off the highway at I-44 at Elm Avenue, and is very easily accessible by St. Louis City, St. Louis County and IL residents via I-270/255, I-55 and I-64/40.
Webster Groves Recreation Complex
E. 33 Glendale, Webster Groves, MO 63119
(314) 963-5600, Directions
Don't wait any longer for a better-behaved dog! Taught by our skilled, certified, experienced and positive lead instructor, Nicole Berthold. Classes are fun, engaging and can help build your dog’s everyday skills!
Beyond Basics Obedience Class | $189
- This class picks up right where Essential Etiquette class left off!... All the essential skills are expanded upon and trained to a higher level of reliability against distractions.
- Class is held for six (6) consecutive weeks. No refunds are offered for missed classes.
- Only for puppies and dogs who have completed our 6-week Essential Etiquette obedience class OR have received an evaluation from one of our trainers. (Please email us to schedule an evaluation.)
- Required Vaccinations: DHPP, Bordetella and Rabies administered at least 1 week prior to the start of class. Owners will need to provide proof of vaccinations prior to the first class.
- BONUS! Receive a one-time 10% off discount at any Treats Unleashed pet store, curbside, online or via in-home delivery. Treats Unleashed is your Essential Etiquette class prep headquarters! They carry (almost) everything you need for class time... and SO MUCH MORE!
COVID-19 Information (updated 12/4/22):
- A mask is NOT currently required in the Webster Groves Recreation Complex. However, we encourage you to wear one if you wish. We will follow the facility's guidelines, should they change in the future.
- Classes are limited to six (6) dogs to maintain distancing and a promote a safe learning environment
- There is a maximum of two (2) attendees per dog
- Please do not participate in training if you are sick or have symptoms. If you have knowingly been in contact with an infected person or persons within the last 10 days, please follow CDC guidelines.
2023 Beyond Basics Schedule:
If a class is filled, you can join the waitlist. You MUST SPECIFY which class you are waiting for. Kind thanks!
Sundays, Jan 8-Feb 12, 11AM - FULL
Tuesdays, Apr 11-May 16, 7:10PM - FULL
Sundays, Sept 24-Oct 29, 11AM - FULL
Wish to pre-enroll in an upcoming class? The easiest way is to purchase a gift certificate for class. Just tell us the class that interests you in the "Notes to Business" field and we will apply it to the class you're interested in.
In accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the City of Webster Groves will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid service or service for effective communication, or modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service or activity of Webster Groves, should contact the office of the Coordinator of Inclusive Services at (314) 290-8507 as soon as possible, but no later than seven days before the scheduled event. We will meet any reasonable request to make accommodations for program participants.
Note: In the effort to observe social distancing guidelines and capacity restrictions, we are currently not able to accommodate class audits for interested potential students at this time.